Komm, süsser Tod and Nostalgia

 Sunday, September 3rd, 2023


Finally, a holiday. Lately, I've been struggling with a lack of sleep due to something that's been bothering me. Today, my plan was simple – just lying in bed, scrolling through 9GAG, and maybe tackling a few light chores. But then, my best friend Putra reached out for my assistance with Excel software. Since I've had my fair share of experience with Excel, he sent over a Google Form link and an invitation for a video call. I must admit, tutoring something I've mastered feels like a therapeutic remedy for my soul.

Following our online session, Putra extended an invitation to his place where Naton was already waiting. Without hesitation, I agreed to join them.

Upon arriving, I was struck by a wave of nostalgia. It felt like a trip down memory lane, and the atmosphere was undeniably heartwarming. I continued to tutor both Putra and Naton. Interestingly, Naton was busy calibrating his ear monitors, and I couldn't help but notice he had about four of them, all of which were quite expensive. I understood that pursuing one's hobbies is what propels us forward in life, and I couldn't have been happier for those who pursue their passions. Our conversations flowed freely, touching upon a myriad of topics.

Then, something unexpected happened. Naton handed me one of his ear monitors and asked me to listen to a song titled "Komm, süsser Tod" To my surprise, this song had profound depth, delving into the story of a man who had lost the love of his life and was unable to find love again. His desperation to reunite with his wife came at the cost of the world's end, leaving him in a state of utter helplessness.

When I returned home and listened to the song two or three more times, I found myself sinking deeper into a whirlpool of melancholy and sorrow. It was like a smile, but a smile tinged with desperation, ready to let go of everything. The song also evoked memories of someone I used to know, making it even more poignant and haunting.

Comments